ONLY 0.5% OF BOOKS ARE EVER TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED.
YUP, IT’S A CRAPPY STATISTIC, BUT I THINK MANY WRITERS COULD BE SPARED A LOT OF PAINFUL REJECTIONS IF THEY GOT THEIR SUBMISSION PACKAGE SUPER AWESOME AND SENT IT TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
TOO MANY MAIL THEIR MANUSCRIPTS OUT BEFORE THEY’RE READY.
TOO MANY SEND SUBMISSION MATERIALS THAT DON’T FULLY REFLECT THEIR BRILLIANCE.
TOO MANY WRITERS DON’T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE PUBLISHING GAME.
LUCKILY, I DO.
AND I’M SKILLED AT MAKING SUBMISSION MATERIALS SHINE AND IN HELPING WRITERS APPROACH LITERARY GATEKEEPERS IN A WAY THAT INCREASES THEIR CHANCES OF SUCCESS.
Have you just finished a book, but aren’t sure how to get an agent or publisher?
Do you wonder if you writing is good enough to be published?
Are you worried that you’ll never see your book in print after receiving a stream of rejections?
Is the whole brutal submission process getting you down, so you’re thinking you maybe should just effing give up already?
If so, then ‘Slay Your Submission Process’ is calling your name!
Sharon is a marvel - each session has given me exactly what I needed at the time and I'm so glad I decided to work with her as her coaching and editorial feedback have helped me achieve my long-held dream of having a literary agent.REBECCA ANN SMITH
I’M SHARON ZINK, PH.D., A FEMINIST WRITING COACH FOR WOMEN WITH BIG THINGS TO SAY.
I’m on a mission to get more women’s books written, published and out there changing the world.
I’ve been working as a writer my entire life (I was named as Young Poet of the Year and Writers Inc. Writer of the Year and my first novel, Welcome to Sharonville, was longlisted for The Guardian First Book Award and is currently being pitched as a TV series), so I know a thing or two about how to get this word shiz done.
On top of that, I’ve got a Ph.D. in English (I studied at London and Cambridge and my doctorate was supervised by the famed feminist, Professor Lisa Jardine) and, since leaving academia, I’ve worked as an editor with literally hundreds of writers, some of which are now bestselling authors (complete with billboards at train stations!) and others have got multi-book deals with major houses. A few have even gone on to successfully self-publish their work and become big hits on Amazon.
Sharon is an empowering woman who wants to empower other women. I was having a crisis of confidence, despite having two other books published, and now I can imagine the first reader picking it up and saying, ‘Wow, I really needed to hear this.’
Sharon is different – sassy, vibrant and with a belief in women’s abilities. She also knows that women, especially as we get older, are not always heard, but we have BIG VOICES when pushed.ANGELENA BODEN
I’ve seen so many writers come a cropper at the submission stage, either due to wasting their chances with agents and publishers by sending something that wasn’t ready to go out or even just losing their nerve and so stuffing their manuscript in a drawer!
Please, please don’t let this be the case with you – you’ve already achieved so much by completing a book that it’s worth the extra work and effort to get your submission package shining and off out into the world!
I know it’s not easy – in fact, it’s freakin’ tough to keep polishing your work and face rejections – but having a published book out there is worth it and you can get that long-held dream if you get your submission package rockin’ and keep going!
NOW IS THE TIME TO GET YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED.
THE INVESTMENT FOR THIS SIX MONTH PROGRAMME IS £2,500 OR A DEPOSIT OF £500, PLUS FIVE MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF £450 (£2750 TOTAL).
IF YOU ARE READY TO GET AFTER IT, JUST CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO BOOK A FREE 30 MINUTE CHAT TO DISCUSS WHERE YOU’RE AT WITH YOUR SUBMISSIONS AND TO SEE WHETHER WE’D MAKE THE TEAM THAT GETS YOU TO YOUR BOOK LAUNCH.
Let’s not let any more women’s writing be swallowed up history – let’s play bigger now and ensure that more of us get published and that our voices are heard and are out there changing the world.
The world needs YOUR story.
And the only way people can read it is if you do the scary thing and send it out.
LET’S GO GET YOU PUBLISHED.
Click the button below to have a free chat to me about your writing dreams and see if we are the right team to make them a reality.
You’ve already done a miraculous thing in becoming one of the 3% who actually finish their books – so give yourself a pat on the back!
However, only 20% of those with a completed project go on to get published and I SO want you to be one of them!
Sadly, I can’t guarantee that your book will get published or an agent will take you on, but I can ensure that you enter the submission process with your submission package in the very best shape and that you have fabulous support throughout all the inevitable ups and downs.
This six month programme will provide:
- My support and publishing industry expertise to ensure that your submission package totally rocks the socks off agents and publishers. (I won’t let you send it out until it’s really ready!)
- Guidance as you create a killer cover letter, bio and synopsis – the things which usually trip up most new writers.
- If you’re a non-fiction writer, I can check over additional materials if you’ve already got a book proposal together.
- Detailed feedback on your opening or sample chapters from an experienced, prizewinning author and editor (moi!), so that you can submit with confidence, knowing your book’s beginning will make the very best impression on publishing industry readers. (I’ll teach you the storytelling tricks which will grab the reader from the first page!)
- Training on how to build your credibility and marketing platform as a writer so the publishing industry will be more inclined to take a chance on your work.
- Suggestions about how to position your book in terms of genre (this is especially important for novelists).
- Recommendations on targeting the right kinds of agents and publishing houses to more quickly find the ones who will fall in love your writing.
- Support and encouragement as you go through the ups and downs of the submission process, so you bounce back more quickly when facing the painful rejections and near misses which all writers experience. (Boo hiss!)
- Expert tuition on how to professionally deal with publishing industry feedback in a way which can make you a better writer. (Making a voodoo doll and eating your weight in chocolate don’t count!)
- A professional editor’s insights, so you can submit your book, knowing you’ve sent in something you can be proud of, and a professional writer’s hand-holding, so you never have to face another ‘no’ alone.
HOW WE’LL ROCK YOUR SUBMISSION PACKAGE AND MAKE SENDING YOUR WORK OUT LESS SUCKY:
- We’ll have 12 coaching sessions over six months in which we’ll discuss your sample or opening chapters and polish them to perfection and craft a cover letter, synopsis and bio that will have agents and editors dialling your number like they’re after a date with Beyoncé.
- We’ll also use these sessions to deal with the ups and downs of the submission process (including the shouty voice in your head that says you’ll never get published!), so you’ll shape your book proposal with ease and send it out feeling like Wonder Woman! (And I won’t let you quit at the first rejection letter – hopefully, you’ll get less if you prepare your submission package right too.)
- We’ll set reasonable monthly writing targets together so that you can get your sample chapters and your other submission materials polished and stay on track. (No more wondering if you’re going to get this book sent out because you’ll be doing it!)
- Whilst you’re working on the submission package, we’ll create a sustainable writing practice which fits you and your life perfectly, taking into account your schedule, energy levels and other commitments, so you manage to stay on top of your submission package creation, but without being frazzled. (You’re also going to carry on writing book beyond this one – oh, yes, you are, writer friend – so we need to make sure you can keep on creating fabulous work, even if your life is cray-cray!)
- We’ll talk regularly on email, so that if you have any questions about your submission package or you just need someone to ugly cry to after getting a rejection, I’ll be there to offer expert guidance and support (i.e. to say what a silly idiot so and so was to not see your blazing talent).
- We’ll chat in my private Facebook group, created exclusively for my writer friends and clients, sharing the ups and downs of sending a book out with others who get just how freakin’ tough it can be!
- We’ll ooh and aah over the special writer’s care package I’ll create especially for you to make polishing your submission package and sending your book out a bit more fun (I adore sending gifts and surprises, but I get how writers who are submitting their work, need all the love!)
- And if you still want support with your submission after six months, don’t worry, you will still have access to me over email up to a year after we start working together and I will continue to hold your hand and say, ‘There, there’, alongside, ‘Go get ‘em, Tiger.’
Sharon at once restored my faith in myself and reignited my passion for my work, while still truthfully preparing me for the road ahead. She is a gem and a blessing to writers everywhere.LINDSAY MAXFIELD
I came to work with Sharon when I was looking for support with the submission process. She helped me to keep believing and not to get bogged down by it. Sharon is so upbeat and positive – I still have the bookmark listing all the positive signs about my writing which came out of one of our sessions. It’s great to have a knowledgeable and experienced author and mentor on your side.