97% OF ALL BOOKS THAT ARE STARTED AREN'T FINISHED.
BUT WRITING A NOVEL DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY.
WITH GOOD PLANNING, SUPPORT AND HOT CRAFT SKILLS, GETTING TO THE FINISH LINE CAN HAPPEN WITHOUT THE FEAR AND STRESS THAT MAKES SO MANY GOOD WRITERS QUIT.
Let's make you one of the 3% who get to type 'The
You, me, a laptop and year= a finished first draft to be proud of and a dream come true.
Do you have a killer novel idea, but you have no idea how to write it?
Have you started writing a novel, but are having a tough time finishing it?
Are you feeling like you’ll never get the damn thing done?
Are you wondering if you should just give the eff up already?
Is your manuscript stuffed in a virtual drawer because you're stuck or afraid?
If so, you're not alone!
That's why I've created this A Book in a Year programme because I'm determined to get more women's books written, published and out there changing the world.
Too many women novelists lose the plot in more ways than one when they're writing their books, but it doesn't have to be this way.
You can finish your awe-inspiring novel without feeling like you're always exhausted, going crazy, doubting your talent, or any of the other flavours of creative chaos I've seen as women navigate holding together their work and home life whilst writing a book.
I'm here to make sure of you not only get to finish your novel, but you get to enjoy the heck out of the experience.
HERE'S HOW ...
IN THIS 12 MONTH PROGRAMME, YOU WILL HAVE:
- AN EXPERIENCED WRITER, EDITOR AND COACH (MOI!) BY YOUR SIDE, SO THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO FACE A PLOT TWIST ALONE. (No more wondering if this book will get done because I won't let you give up!)
- Help with structuring your narrative, so you don’t waste time on tangents and can tell your amazing story as powerfully as possible. (No more chasing your tail!)
Personalised training on the writing craft and the process of self-editing your work, so you become a better author – and fast. (Because the better you get, the easier the writing will be.)
Suggestions on how to create a sustainable writing practice, so you can get this book written, no matter how hectic your life is (I work mainly with women writers who have lives crammed with kids and careers – if they can complete their books, so can you!).
Detailed editorial feedback all the way through the writing of your book, so you’ll never feel like you’re floundering in the dark again, not knowing what is working and what isn’t. (Self-doubt be gone!)
Support to deal with the ups and downs of writing your book, so you stop feeling like quitting and wondering if this project will ever be finished. (Because it WILL!)
A completed first draft of a fabulous novel (and, yes, it IS all it is cracked up to be, as you can see from my picture above!).
In working with Sharon, I found her to have a strong sense of craft. She provided specific, honest, thorough and compassionate feedback, far beyond the help that one would find in a critique group or with most beta readers. As a coach, she is warm and encouraging and I am deeply grateful that we have sisters in the industry like Sharon Zink who hold out a hand and guide the uninitiated through the mystifying world of publishing.KIRA SWANSON
I’M SHARON ZINK, PH.D., A FEMINIST WRITING COACH FOR WOMEN WITH BIG THINGS TO SAY.
I’m on a mission to get more women’s books written, published and out there changing the world.
I’ve been working as a writer my entire life (I was named as Young Poet of the Year and Writers Inc. Writer of the Year and my first novel, Welcome to Sharonville, was longlisted for The Guardian First Book Award and is currently being pitched as a TV series), so I know a thing or two about how to get this literary shiz done.
On top of that, I’ve got a Ph.D. in English (I studied at London and Cambridge and my doctorate was supervised by the late famed feminist, Professor Lisa Jardine) and, since leaving academia, I’ve worked as an editor with literally hundreds of writers, some of which are now bestselling authors (complete with billboards at train stations!) and others have got multi-book deals with major houses. A few have even gone on to successfully self-publish their work and become big hits on Amazon.
Oh, and I didn’t think it was enough to just mentor authors, sharing my expertise on the writing, editing and publishing – I felt I needed proper coaching skills if I was going to call myself a writing coach, so I went and got trained by Oprah’s ‘favourite life coach,’ the amazing Martha Beck. You can read more about me here.
Sharon is an empowering woman who wants to empower other women. I was having a crisis of confidence, despite having two other books published, and now I can imagine a reader picking up this new book and saying, ‘Wow, I really needed to hear this.’
Sharon is different – sassy, vibrant and with a belief in women’s abilities. She also knows that women, especially as we get older, are not always visible, but we have BIG VOICES when pushed.
HOW THIS PROGRAMME ENSURES YOU WILL FINISH YOUR BOOK – AND WITHOUT ALL THE STRUGGLE AND STRESS!:
- We’ll have coaching sessions every two weeks over the course of a year, so that we can discuss your writing, as well as dealing with any life issues or big scary fears that may tempt you to slack off creatively or even give up on your book completely! (That SO ain’t happening on my watch, baby!)
- We’ll set reasonable monthly writing targets together that will help you keep up the pace and get the book done, bit by glorious bit. (No more wondering if you’re going to get this book done because you’ll be doing it!)
- We’ll create a sustainable writing practice which fits you and your life perfectly, taking into account your schedule, energy levels and other commitments, so you manage to stay creative, but without being frazzled.
- We’ll look in detail at your writing (up to 10,000 words per month) so you begin to appreciate your work’s strengths and increase in confidence, as well as learning the writing craft and discussing areas to improve so your book becomes all that it can be and you supercharge your skills as a writer.
- We’ll talk regularly on email, so that if you have any questions about your work or just need someone to tell you, ‘You got this,’ I’ll be there to offer expert guidance and support.
- We’ll chat in my private Facebook group, created exclusively for my writer friends and clients, sharing the ups and downs of writing a book with others who get just how freakin’ tough it can be!
- We’ll ooh and aah over the special writer’s care package I’ll create especially for you to make writing and completing your book a bit more fun and beautiful. (I love sending gifts and surprises!)
- And if you don’t manage to complete the first draft of your book within a year, don’t worry, you will still have access to me over email up to 18 months after we start working together.
IF YOU'RE READY TO FINISH YOUR NOVEL, JUST HIT THE BUTTON BELOW LE TO HAVE HUMAN-TO-HUMAN 30 MINUTE CHAT TO SEE IF THIS PROGRAMME IS RIGHT FOR YOU AND WE'D BE A GOOD FIT.
THE INVESTMENT FOR THIS YEAR-LONG PROGRAMME IS £5000 OR A DEPOSIT OF £550 AND 11 MONTHLY PAYMENTS OF £450 (TOTAL £5500). GET 25% OFF (A WHOPPING SAVING OF £1250 PLUS!) IF YOU BOOK BEFORE NOVEMBER 30TH!
Sharon is a marvel - each session has given me exactly what I needed at the time and I'm so glad I decided to work with her as her coaching and editorial feedback have helped me achieve my long-held dream of having a literary agent.REBECCA ANN SMITH
YOU DON'T HAVE TO LET THAT NOVEL IDEA OR HALF-FINISHED MANUSCRIPT LIE DORMANT FOR ANY LONGER!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO ON STRUGGLE ALONE WITH YOUR BOOK, FIGHTING TO FIND TIME TO WORK ON IT AND WONDERING WHETHER IT'S ANY GOOD.
IF YOU'RE READY TO BECOME ONE OF THE 3% WHO FINISH THEIR BOOKS AND ROCK THE WORLD, I'M HERE TO HELP.
JUST CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO HAVE A FREE CHAT WITH ME ABOUT YOUR BOOK.